International Protestant Church of Zurich
The Senior Pastor proclaims the gospel of Jesus Christ, teaches the biblical revelation, engages in pastoral care ministries, provides leadership in all areas of church life, and acts as the chief administrator of the paid and volunteer office staff.
- Plan and lead worship services; prepare and deliver biblically based sermons, teaching and administer the sacraments
- Provide appropriate level of pastoral care (prayer, counseling, calling, visitation of elderly and sick members, perform baptisms, weddings, conduct funerals)
- Lead the church in an effective program of witnessing and in a caring ministry for persons in the church and community
- Work with the council of elders, church staff, deacons and committees as they perform their assigned responsibilities
- Mentor the Associate Pastor
- Train leaders in their ministry
- Serve as chief administrator of the paid and volunteer church office staff
- Network with other local English-speaking churches and Swiss churches
Qualifications and personal traits:
- Master of Divinity or higher degree from a reputable seminary
- Ordained by a denomination which is a member or is eligible to be a member of the World Council of Churches or a similar institution
- Agreement with the church statement of faith (see http://www.ipc-zurich.org/covenant).
- Minimum pastoral experience of 10 years
- Cross-cultural/international experience
- Native English speaker or equivalent
- A loving, enthusiastic, servant attitude and a shepherding heart to help and guide the congregation to grow in their spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ
- A preaching style that is biblically based, spiritually sensitive and inspiring
- An ability and strong willingness to work in a church comprised of both long-term and expatriate members, with a large number of transient families and a wide range of age groups and various ethnic and racial backgrounds
- A talent for recruiting and training volunteers and laity
- A proven ability to work well in team ministry and cooperate constructively with church leadership
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation negotiable based on experience and qualifications
- Annual pass for Zurich's municipal transportation system
- 20 working days of vacation annually, 2 weeks paid study leave
- Annual support for attending the AICEME conference
- Relocation allowance as mutually agreeable
- Contract duration: 3 years (with annual review)
Further information: For most recent information about IPC go to http://ipc-zurich.org.
More information about the application process and downloadable materials go directly to http://ipc-zurich.org/psc2017.
To apply, send completed application form by email (in PDF-format) to: email@example.com
Please take note that only fully completed forms will be reviewed. Deadline for receiving applications: March 1, 2018.