The purpose of the Association of International Churches in Europe and the Middle East is:
- To provide an annual conference to enable closer fellowship and mutual encouragement and support among the clergy and spouses of the Association, and to provide resources for pastoral ministry.
- To disseminate information among the congregations relating to the ministries of the churches.
- To encourage regional cooperation in programming among member churches, such as the Association Youth Retreat, and the Western European, Nordic and Central European retreats.
- To offer the opportunity for member congregations to cooperate in mission.
- To facilitate the transfer of members to congregations with the Association.
- To be a resource to emerging churches.
- To facilitate cooperation among the congregations in publicity efforts to reach English-speaking people.
- To provide pastoral care to pastors and spouses and to be a source of assistance to congregations in need of help and encouragement.
- To stimulate ideas and explore areas of common service.
*From the AICEME articles of association