International Church of Vilnius
The International Church of Vilnius (ICV) is an autonomous Christian congregation that seeks to serve the English-speaking community in Vilnius as well as visitors. We are an ecumenical congregation and our statement of faith is based on the Nicene Creed. Meeting for worship (in English) in the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Lithuania, the church is uniquely placed in the heart of Vilnius Old Town, and benefits from a diverse membership (Lithuanians and internationals) and links with the business and diplomatic communities as well as local churches and the Lithuanian Christian student movement.
JOB DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE: Pastor
REPORTS TO: Church Council
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB: To glorify God and extend his kingdom by:
- Leading a lifestyle that is becoming of a Christian.
- Preaching the Word and administering the Sacraments.
- Pastoring and shepherding the church family
- Working with the Church Council to lead and expand the ministry of the ICV.
- Equipping members for service.
KEY ACTIVITY AREAS:
- Lead services by officiating the liturgy and preaching.
- Shepherd members and seek to extend ministry to non-members.
- Support members and their families during times of distress.
- Prepare members for baptism, confirmation and marriage.
- Conduct funerals and weddings for members as requested.
- Leadership and Management
- In conjunction with the Church Council, oversee the direction of the church.
- Participate in monthly council meetings and prepare an annual pastor’s report.
- Oversee the weekly fellowship group and ministries, attending when appropriate
- Lead and advise the voluntary staff of the church. § Guide and assist members as they do the ministry of the church.
- Network with former members and associated churches to increase charitable giving.
- Co-ordinate and network with the Lithuanian Church and others as needed.
- Presently, the church is able to provide housing, which includes utilities, internet, and a small stipend. Personal fundraising may be required.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume/CV, and at least three references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the council has reviewed these materials we will be in contact with you.