Family Ministry Coordinator
American Protestant Church of Bonn
The objective of the Family Ministry Coordinator is to assist in growing a vibrant youth and children's ministry age 0-18 through reaching out to unchurched kids and in disciplining youth. Leading engaging activities and worship, participating in planning and helping craft the overall vision and strategy of reaching English-speaking families in the Bonn area.
- Engage with the Associate Pastor to support the development of vision, events, and solutions for the APC youth and children.
- Supporting the Associate Pastor on the Tuesday or Thursday night programs with youth e.g. support, actively planning curriculum / sessions, bible-based teaching or leading sessions.
- Supporting the Associate Pastor in planning and organizing the Sunday School and Nursery ministry e.g. support, actively planning curriculum /sessions, bible-based teaching or leading sessions. Engaging in relational ministry, on various levels, with our youth.
- Assist in recruiting new volunteers for youth and children's ministry and rostering volunteers,
- Assist with brainstorming new ideas for youth/kid's events and actively promote.
- Raise our level of connectedness with youth by creating and connecting through various social media outlets and strengthening new relationships with BIS. Implement new communication strategies for promotion and information of Student Ministry activity.
- Learn more about ecumenical opportunities to serve and grow in Bonn, the experience of serving in an inter-generational, multi-cultural setting, and the dynamics of APC ministry and leadership.
- Communicates with the Pastor(s), staff, council members volunteers and congregation in an orderly and timely way, as deemed appropriate
- Ideally provide musical support to children and youth teams e.g. guitar, piano
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- At least 5 years of volunteer based/staff based ministry related work.
- Demonstrable experience in youth and children's programs which include the elements of planning, games and worship
- Preference to have experience of various large group events
- Previous international living experience is a plus, as well as leading small and large groups of various ages, in worship.
English (fluent), German (beneficial)
Basic monthly allowance—which serves to cover basic costs of living (transportation, rent, insurance, etc.)
Applications for the position should be sent by August 20.